日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Cool and Comfortable! Introducing ways to spend a Japanese summer

Easing the heat… changing the environment of my house

Noerin

From the beginning of the continuous muggy days in June to the main beginning of summer, this year, I started to change around my house as well!

I don't really use the air conditioner at home. Of course, when it's very muggy and hot so I can't sleep, I'll use the air con. But, when my body gets too cold, I don't feel well and my body feels sluggish in the morning. That also costs money for electricity. (That's important!) Recently, Japan has been Saving Energy, and is saying to save energy, so I am living an earth-friendly eco lifestyle.

So, when at home, I try to use the air conditioner as little as possible and I do things to make me feel even just a little cooler so I can live comfortably even during the hot summer.

map
To feel coolness…
Wind Flowing
① Wind Flowing

Open a window and create a path for the wind to flow. There aren't many buildings around the house, so if I open the windows and doors, wind can flow all day. My dog knows where the wind flows in the house, so she's always in the coolest area, looking very pleasant.

Master

A path for the wind, it's really cool. It really has a flavor compared to the air conditioner.

Imootochan

I'm jealous… At my place, there's only a window on one side, so wind can't really flow through…iine_small_iconMadeleine

Gucchan

I live on the 10th floor of my building, but it's troublesome if the wind is too strong.

Dansan

Thieves don't come in?

Wind chimes
② Wind chimes

On an open window, place a wind chime on it. Just hearing the sound of a wind chime won't make the room's temperature lower, but you can feel that the wind is flowing. You can hear the tinkle of the bell all day long. It's very relaxing.

Gomachan

I really agree!

Dansan

When I lived in an apartment, my neighbor complained that it was noisy…

Interior Color
③ Interior Color

I change the color of the cushion covers from a warm-feeling red or orange to a white or blue color. If you change the image of the room, you can feel cooler.

Master

I see.

Gucchan

I've never gone that far! Noerin, nice!!iine_small_iconMadeleine

To avoid the sunlight…
"Yoshizu"
①

On the living room window where a lot of light comes in, I cover it with "Yoshizu." Because it doesn't let in the heat carrying sunlight and only the wind flows through it, it's cool.

Dansan

What do you do with yoshizu in the winter? They're kind of big.

Green Curtains
② Green Curtains

This is the first time I've tried "goya" green curtains. The vines grew very quickly, the leaves spread and it became a big curtain. The sunlight doesn't come in and after, I can eat the "goya", so I really like them!

Gomachan

When they develop goya, let me know!! Haha

To live comfortably…
Carpet
① Carpet

I put away the winter wool carpet and replace it with a cool feeling grass carpet. In my house, during the summer, I don't use slippers and I don't wear socks. The grass carpet feels very smooth, so it feels good. I love the feel gentleness and the smell of the grass carpet, so I can relax very well.

Madeleine

If you sleep on a grass carpet, it will leave an impression on your face and body so I want to avoid that… but yeah, the smell IS nice.

Bedding
② Bedding

I put away the down comforter and sleep with a cotton blanket. It absorbs sweat very well. But, when it's very hot, I don't sleep with anything. I don't really turn on the air conditioner either, so I may not catch a cold! ^^

Electric mosquito killer
③ Electric mosquito killer

Around my house, there are many rice fields, so in summer, there are a lot of mosquitos. During that time, an electric mosquito killer is very convenient.

Master

I use a mosquito coil at my place. It's the smell of summer.

Things I use when summer starts
Barley Tea Pot, Shaved Ice Maker
① Barley Tea Pot, Shaved Ice Maker

When it gets hot, you want something cold, right? In the back of my cabinet, I get out the untouched barley tea pot and shaved ice maker. My pet dog also loves shaved ice. Of course, I don't pour any syrup on it...

Imootochan

I used a shaved ice maker when I was a kid! This takes me back…!

Bath salts with mint
② Bath salts with mint

I use bath salts. During the summer, I often use salts with herbs or mint in them. The smell is very gentle and the blue colored water makes me forget that the water is hot. When I get out of the bath, I feel cool because of the mint, so I like it a lot.

Gomachan

I will take this idea!

Madeleine

I often use bath salts. I will try using mint bath salts!

Fans
③ Fans

After I put away the heaters, I take out my fans. When I'm eating a meal or getting out of the bath, I don't use the air conditioner, I use fans. Fans are really convenient!

Master

But, on a really hot day, the wind is kind of warm…

Imootochan

At my place, I use both an air conditioner and a fan.

In Summer, things to put away
Slippers
① Slippers

In summer, I go barefoot in my house. I put away the room shoes that go up to my ankles and the slippers in the slipper rack at the entrance to my house.

Gucchan

Our house too!!

Page Top