日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: This is my awesome "bento"

More than looks, the insides are important!

Gomachan

When I need to bring a lunch, I don't buy one and I try to make one. After work, if I have to go somewhere, I'll make lunch and dinner in the morning, so I make two "bentos" before I leave. Recently, things I make seem better for my body than things I buy outside.

Usual lunch is a salad box and a protein box
Usual lunch is a salad box and a protein box

The lunch I bring with me to work is usually this style. In the big box, a lot of vegetables and salad go inside. This is because it's simple and healthy. In the small box, I put a lot of meat or fish, things with a lot of protein. For the small box, I often prepare the main dish the night before. There's no rice.

Master

If I don't have rice, I don't have any power!

Noerin

A health bento!acogare_small_iconNoerin Imootochan

Dansan

Eating like this makes you slim! I'm jealous!

In the morning,
In the morning, "10 minute bento" is what I make

The morning is busy, so I often make the main dish the night before. And, when I'm making a bento, it's a 10 minute bento!

In my frying pan, there are a few small cups. I put meat, fish, vegetables, and cooking oil in them together and put a lid on the frying pan. 10 minutes later, I take the lid off and many different kinds of main dishes are ready at the same time. Depending on the day, the ingredients are different, but, the cooking is the same, so it's simple.

Gucchan

It was so good! That type of flavor variation is great!

Dansan

According to a study, the average time it takes to make a bento is around 24.6 minutes! 10 minutes is great!

When taking a trip by train, bentos are
When taking a trip by train, bentos are "ekiben"

"Ekiben" (train station bento) … when I hear that word, I become happy because I love them. From when I was small, when I went on a trip with my family, I asked for an "ekiben" and tea. I was really happy.

When I open the box, there are many things inside that I don't usually get to eat, and the food inside is also pretty. In a small box, many different kinds of foods are inside, so when I saw it, I became very happy.

It was exciting because by eating a delicious "ekiben" while staring out the train window meant I could start to feel the beginning of a fun trip.

Noerin

I'm curious about the bento of the person next to me…

Dansan

I can' t really take many trips, so when I buy an "ekiben", I feel like I'm on a trip. My favorite is Toyama prefecture's "Masuzushi."

Breakfast bento for road trips
Breakfast bento for road trips

Sometimes, I go on a road trip with my sister or friends and leave early in the morning. For those times, my sister usually makes bread roll sandwiches or regular bread sandwiches. This is something we eat in the morning, so it's called "asaben" (breakfast bento). I bring coffee. It's important to bring something easily eaten in the car.

Rice balls or bread, there's always something inside. This is important. It's because we eat them together!

Master

This is the first time I've heard of "asaben". I see.

Madeleine

I made an "asaben" the other day.

Imootochan

Is there a main dish inside the rice ball?

Gomachan

Yes.

Gucchan

It looks great! I always end up buying rice balls at the convenience store…

Page Top