日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: My particularities! Japanese things or foreign things?

Comfortable Living. The items I fixate on for daily life.

Noerin

There are good things about Japanese and foreign brands. When choosing an item, I can place importance on the design or the functions when I match it up with my daily life.

Japanese Incense
Japanese Incense

When a customer came over, my mother often lit up some incense. Since I was a child, I have liked gentle smelling incense. So, for me, for a comfortable living, aromas are very important.

When I go overseas, I often buy incense or aroma candles and enjoy that country's scents, but I feel the most calm with Japanese incense. It's because my spirit becomes calm and I gain energy!

Imootochan

What a nice mother. I didn't have such customs at my house.

Gomachan

I use aroma oils at my place. They're from France.

Dansan

Grapefruits may be a nice scent, but a more traditional Japanese scent, like byakudan (sandalwood) is more relaxing.

Swedish Brand Carpet
Swedish Brand Carpet

When I studied abroad in England, the interior design of my homestay family's house left an impact on me. It was simple, but they used colorful colors very well, so I thought their style was very good.

So, for my house too, I choose a bright, nice color for my carpet. Carpets are usually a little cheaper than other furniture, so I can buy them freely. Japanese brands have a lot of natural colors, so there aren't many colorful ones, so my carpets are always foreign brands.

Imootochan

My carpet is a Japanese one, in beige.

Master

Is that so?! Very cheap! I don't have a carpet in my place.

American Brand Paper Towels
American Brand Paper Towels

In the past, I used to use a Japanese brand of paper towels. But, they are small and thin, so every time I wanted to use them, I had to use many.

One time, a friend recommended me to use an American brand of paper towels. They were big and thick, and strong! If you wash them, you can use them a second or third time! If you compare them to a Japanese brand, they're a little expensive, but, I don't like to use them just once and throw them away, so because I can use these multiple times, they are a favorite of mine.

Almond

America is great! lol

Gomachan

You wash them and use them again?! That's nice!

Madeleine

You wash paper?! What??!

Master

Wow. What about using cloths?

Main Item of the Living Room. Japanese Brand Sofa
Main Item of the Living Room. Japanese Brand Sofa

Long ago, I really wanted and bought a fashionable foreign brand sofa. But, the size didn't match, my legs didn't reach the floor, and my back couldn't reach the back of the sofa, so I couldn't relax at all.

When you want to relax at home, a sofa is important. So, for a sofa, I decided on a Japanese brand. They're made to match Japanese people, and they don't make you feel tired, so they are the perfect size for a small Japanese house.

Imootochan

I see. I'll think about this for the future.iine_small_iconGomachan

Gucchan

I totally get what you mean by the size not matching! Especially the feet not reaching the floor part…苦笑い

Master

Yes yes, Japanese houses are small.

Page Top