About this site
"MARUGOTO Plus (Elementary 1 A2)" is a website where users can learn about Japanese language and culture alongside the contents of "Marugoto: Japanese language and culture (Elementary 1 A2)", a coursebook which uses the JF Standard as a basis.
- ・ Learners of Japanese who are studying using the "Marugoto: Japanese language and culture (Elementary 1 A2)" coursebook.
- ・ Those who have an interest in Japanese language or culture
- Site features
- ・ You can practice Japanese in order to achieve various 'Can-do' (things one is able to do using Japanese) goals based on the JF Standard.
- ・ By deepening your understanding of various specific situations using pictures and video, you can practice realistically.
- ・ With pictures and video, you are able to know about the lives, culture, and ways of thinking of Japanese people as well as people from all over the world.
You become the main character and while you do things such as work at a Japanese company and do activities with an international exchange group, you can have a simulated experience of interacting with Japanese people and people from around the world in Japanese. Check if you can accomplish "Can-do" by interacting with the characters from the "Challenge Drama." When given the signal in the video, it's your turn to speak in Japanese.
You are able to know about the lives, culture, and ways of thinking of Japanese people as well as people from all over the world.
- FOCUS! This Person
- Introducing people doing their best and unique people and so on in fields relating to the topics.
- POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.
- Each researcher and the people around them talk about various themes around them related to the topics.
- POST! -MY CASE- World Ver.
- People around the world that are studying Japanese have sent in information about various themes.
- TRY! Japanese Culture
- You can try Japanese culture that is related to the topics.
By deepening your understanding of various specific situations using picture slideshows, you can practice to in order achieve the "Can-do" related to Speaking and Interactions.
In various situations, you can check how the sentence patterns are used and also practice reviewing them. Also, every sentence pattern has an explanation to go along with it, so you can review what you learned in the classroom or if you forget what the grammar point was, you can confirm it.
The words that appear in each topic are split in to categories and you can take quizzes based on the category. The types of quizzes are reading the word and selecting the illustration and listening to the word and selecting the illustration.
You can check the meaning, pronunciation, and how to write the kanji learned in every topic via audio and illustration videos. When remembering the kanji, there are illustrations that work as hints. Also, you can do kanji drills as well.
Watch the videos starring the characters that appear in the "Challenge Dramas" and answer questions. You can listen to a short dialog.
- Topics & Can-do List
- You can view the list of textbook topics and "Can-do".
- How to use
- Explaining how to use each content section.
- What's MARUGOTO?
- This section introduces the ideas and outline of "Marugoto: Japanese language and culture" and Japanese language courses run by The Japan Foundation's overseas locations.
The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
Established in 1972 as a semi-governmental corporation under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Japan Foundation is the first organization that specializes in international cultural exchange in Japan, playing a major role in promoting arts and cultural exchange, Japanese language education overseas, Japanese studies and intellectual exchange. As an affiliated agency, The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai offers overseas students direct support through Japanese language programs and the development of Japanese teaching materials and websites.
The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
- ・ Keiko Kawashima (Language Education Specialist)
- ・ Tetsuya Tanaka (Language Education Specialist)
- ・ Takashi Miura (Language Education Specialist)
- ・ Natsumi Waguri (Language Education Specialist)
- ・ Sumiko Maeda (Visiting Instructor)
- ・ Reiko Miyazaki (Visiting Instructor)
- ・ Akiko Matsuoka (Assistant)
- ・ Ahmed Abushalanfah (Visiting Instructor)
- ［Website / Video Production］
- Brain Corporation
- Miyuki Anzai, Sasha, Kazuhiko Nagata, Renan
Satoru Itou, Futa Kuromame, Joshua, Youko Hirokawa
Yuri Nakamura, Nobuyuki Yuuki, Amina Miyahara
K.C Mahendra, James Stuart Jones, Song Young Pil, Patrizia Koll
- （Voice Cast）
- Hiroko Aoki, Shota Umemoto, Bunshuu Shinoya, Kikko Nakagawa, Toshinori Ban, Mayuko Yamada
- Videographer：Yoshimasa Shibata
- Still Camera：Takafumi Kawagoe
- office purechild. (Life and Culture, Vocabulary）
design studio bevel gear Junko Masuda（Grammar）
- ［Special thanks to］
- Ms. Yoshiko Kadowaki, Mr. Klaus Rinke, Ms. Kyoko Kuwano, Mr. Masanori Kuwano, Ms. Setsuko Nagayama, Ms. Fumie Fujii, Ms. Yui Matsushita
- EIRAKUYA Co., Ltd.
Osaka Castle Park
Osaka Museum of History
KANSAI AIRPORT WASHINGTON HOTEL
New Kansai International Airport Co., Ltd.
JAPAN POST INSURANCE Co.,Ltd.
GRILL & TAPAS COLON
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.
Tajiri Town Hall (Osaka Prefecture, Sennan District)
TANKOSHA PUBLISHING CO., LTD.
The Nanto Bank,Ltd.
Centro de Intercambio Cultural y Económico Hispano-Japonés "EXTENSION"
Commemorative organization for the Japan World Exposition '70
Vantan Design Institute
Yokote City Hall (Akita Prefecture)