日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: I, too, am enjoying foreign culture in Japan♪

Interacting with people from all over the world
is my reason for living!

Someone who always helps us out, Setsuko-san.
She introduced to us how she enjoys foreign cultures.

Setsuko-san

Thirteen years ago, I saw my town's newsletter, and registered my home as a place to receive homestay students for the first time. Since then, I could learn many things about countries that I didn't know and the interactions were very fun! Because of that, I have homestay students almost every month, and until now, I've received almost 300 students total!

Even just receiving someone one time makes them feel like my own son or daughter. Also, I keep in contact with them via Facebook. When people go back home, sometimes they come to visit Japan again and they stay at my place, or I'm invited to weddings... Because I feel nostalgia, sometimes I go to meet people. By doing this, my circle of international people will get bigger and deeper, so I am excited.

Actually, I am the town's International Club's director general about ten years ago, when citizens of the town felt troubled when they met a foreigner, now they invite them into their homes for some tea. When I see this, I'm glad I became the director general of the international club.

On this day, some university students from China, Hungary, and Singapore are doing a home visit. My grandsons in elementary school and junior high are also enjoying the exchange!

Madeleine

I know you are excited to see how these kids (grandsons) grow up!

Noerin

It feels like you have family around the world!iine_small_iconGomachan Almond

Once there was a student who, after staying at my house and going home, invited me to their wedding in Korea. I want to continue to connect with my sons and daughters all over the world.

Master

Japanese mother!

Gomachan

Wonderful!

With help from the local women's organization, we held a "Bon Dance"exchange party. I think my role is to connect the local people with foreigners.

Noerin

Creating a neighborhood that is kind to foreigners! I think it's wonderful.iine_small_iconGomachan

Gucchan

I participated too. My two year old daughter had fun. Thank you very much!

We held a fashion show where local foreigners wore the outfits of their country and Japanese yukata and kimono. It was very exciting!!

Madeleine

Wow! Looks fun!

Page Top