日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Cool and Comfortable! Introducing ways to spend a Japanese summer

Using small things! Go from sticky and humid to fresh and cool!

Madeleine

Even when doing nothing, Japanese summer is hot and there's a lot of sweat. I use various goods to lower my body temperature and feel cool.

Fan, cold air fans
Fan, cold air fans

In my house during the summer, even more than the air conditioner, we often use fans. When you turn on the air conditioner, you get cold instantly, and we have to save energy. Even when it's hot, I set the air conditioner to a high temperature and use a fan with it. In my house, there are standing fans, a fan that uses ice water, and various other kinds of fans.

Gomachan

That's the first time I've heard of these kind of fans!

Noerin

I want to try one!

Dansan

I've heard there are now fans that can recreate the air from a mountain side.

Gomachan

Wow! What kind of fan is that?! It smells like a mountain side?! lol

Baby powder
Baby powder

I always thought that baby powder is something only used for babies. But, when I went to Thailand, everyone was using baby powder. There, I tried it myself and I fell in love with it.

Japan's summer is very humid, so I instantly sweat, and don't want to use makeup. But, if I use baby powder when on my face or other area that sweats a lot after I apply makeup, my skin become fresh and it feels good.

Imootochan

That's the first time I've heard of using baby powder on the face.

Gomachan

I used to do it when getting out of the tub…

Master

I've never put on makeup!!

Neck cooler
Neck cooler

A neck cooler is a summer scarf. But, it's a cold scarf. In my room, there are no windows and no air conditioner. So, when I do work in my room, I always use a neck cooler.

First, I freeze the special gel in the freezer. Then, I put that gel inside the scarf. When I cool off the back of my neck, I can lower my body temperature. So, my whole body feels cooler, not just my neck.

Almond

I have one!

Gomachan

My mother uses one too.

Noerin

My dog uses one too!bikkuri_small_iconGucchan Madeleine

Mug bottle
Mug bottle

I carry a mug bottle with me year-round. In winter, it's filled with hot tea or hot water, in summer, it's filled with cold tea or cold water. Especially when it's really hot, I also put ice in it. If I do that, I can always drink something cold, and the sound of the ice in the bottle makes I feel cool.

Master

Nowadays, there are many different kinds of shapes and colors of fashionable bottles being sold!

Page Top