日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Cool and Comfortable! Introducing ways to spend a Japanese summer

Wear it, cool! See it, cool!

My husband. He wants to introduce to you about the things he does to make summer even just a little bit cooler.

Yasu

In the summer, I go to the mountains, go to the sea, and play sports. Sweating a lot makes me feel good, so I like summer. But, for normal activities, the humidity in Japan is very high, and sweat makes me feel sticky and I don't like that. I use hand fans, fans, and air conditioners, but I also pick clothing that makes me feel cool as well.

No socks when I'm at home
No socks when I'm at home

During summer, I don't wear socks when I'm in my house. It feels better than wearing socks or slippers. Feeling open is so nice! But on the other hand, winter is very cold, so when I am at home, I always wear socks and slippers made out of a warm material.

Noerin

I go barefoot too!

Imootochan

At my house, we go barefoot in slippers.

Gomachan

Not just the feet, but that's almost fully naked! Lol

Almond

If I don't wear socks, I can't fall asleep…

Work clothes
Work clothes

I always work in an office. In my office, we think about the environment, so we don't like to use a lot of electricity. For example, during the summer, we set the temperature for the air conditioner to be 28℃, men try not to wear neck ties.

For me, even to feel a little cooler, I wear underwear, shirts, and other items that dry quickly and feel fresh. I think to feel cool, it's important to think about the material of clothing.

Imootochan

It's not that you don't have to wear a necktie, but instead, it's decided to wear one as little as possible… wow.

Master

I also don't want to sweat at the office.

Almond

I like neckties, but they're hot…

Dansan

I wonder if everyone really leaves their air conditioners on at the selected temperature….

Day off clothes
Day off clothes

On my day off, when I go out, I usually wear shirts with loose fitting capri pants. I have a lot of white and sky blue shirts. I like black, brown, and navy colors, but to feel cool in the summer, I usually pick white or sky blue.

Master

I don't like the capri style. It feels a little unstylish to me.

Noerin

My father says the same thing about capris!

Imootochan

You're right, looking at white or blue does feel cooling. But, so I don't get a sunburn, I often choose black things.

Relaxing at home clothes -Suteteko-
Relaxing at home clothes -Suteteko-

My father, in summer time, on a day off, would wear "suteteko" pants, which are thin pants made out of cotton. While they look refreshing, because they were white, they weren't stylish. I never thought I would wear them.

But recently, stylish "suteteko" have started to be sold. Three years ago, I bought a pair for the first time. The cloth is thin, they're loose, and because they are made from cotton, they are good at absorbing sweat. They go below my knees, so even if I lie down, they have never risen up, so I like them very much. So now, during the summer, when I am relaxing at home, I always wear them.

Madeleine

I used to think that suteteko were underwear, but nowadays people lounge around in them, eh?

Noerin

They have women's versions too!

Master

I've never tried them.

Page Top