日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Please listen my stories about waiting for friends…

My Meeting up Failures

My junior from university, Yusuke,
introduces some failures he had when meeting up.

Yusuke-kun

When I'm meeting up with someone, I always try to arrive earlier than the planned meeting time. So, if my friend isn't late, we can meet up on time. But, sometimes, I have some "failures" and can't meet on time. This time, I'm going to talk about my "failures".

In front of the big electronics store by the station
In front of the big electronics store by the station

A student that I taught Japanese to in Thailand came to Japan, so we made a plan to visit Kyoto together. I got an email from the student that said "Meet in front of Yodobashi Camera at 8 o'clock!" "Yodobashi Camera" is a large, famous electronics store from all over Japan.

I went to Yodobashi Camera at 8 to wait. Then, I got a phone call from the student, "Teacher, where are you?""I'm in front of Yodobashi Camera" I answered. "I'm also in front of Yodobashi Camera!" he said. I wondered why we couldn't meet even though we were in the same Yodobashi Camera...

In reality, I was in front of the Kyoto Station Yodobashi Camera, and he was in front of the Osaka Station Yodobashi Camera. I looked at the email from the student again, and it said "Osaka Station Yodobashi Camera." I assumed because we were going to Kyoto, that we should meet in Kyoto. An hour later, the student arrived at Kyoto Station and we were able to meet. I felt really bad. Assuming is scary!

Imootochan

Assuming really is scary, eh?

Noerin

I probably would have made a mistake too!

Master

Sounds like something that happens a lot…

Cold Can of Coffee
Cold Can of Coffee

When I was a university student, I had a fight with the girl I was dating at the time. I thought I should apologize, so I waited in front of her house until she came home. Of course, this was a secret to her. And, because it was a cold winter night, I decided to give her a hot can of coffee.

After her part-time job ended, she would come home around 10 pm, so I bought the can at 10 pm and waited for her. Even though it passed 10 o'clock, she still didn't come home. Since this was a secret to her, I couldn't contact her. She finally came home 2 hours later. She told me her part-time job went late.

When she saw me, she was very surprised! So, then, I said "sorry" and gave her the can of coffee. But, the can had already become cold... we laughed together. I had failed, but we were able to make up! (lol)

Master

If there's a reason, I'll wait.

Noerin

Your girlfriend must have been surprised.

Imootochan

Wow, it's like a movie!iine_small_iconGucchan

Came early but still late!?
Came early but still late!?

When it comes to meeting up in Osaka, it means meeting at "BIGMAN." Next to BIGMAN, there's a large bookstore. When I arrive early, I go inside the bookstore and wait there. If I read a book, the waiting time is fun.

Recently, I was supposed to meet friends at 7 pm, so I arrived 10 minutes early. I thought I wanted to read a book, so I went in the bookstore. The book I picked up was very interesting, so I became lost in it and then my phone buzzed. I looked at it and there was a message from my friend that said "Are you here?"The time was 7:10... I rushed out of the book store and my friends were looking for me. I apologized to them.

Coming early but still being late is a very embarrassing failure!

Madeleine

Yes…that's very painful!

Dansan

At a big bookstore, deciding where to meet by the type of books is common. For example, near the architecture books.

Noerin

What book did you read?

Page Top