日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Please listen my stories about waiting for friends…

A fun day of watching the time

An intern at the Research Lab, Yui, a university student, introduces some stories about meeting up.

Yui-san

Gathering in groups or gathering in pairs, depending on the age and situation, the act of meeting up is different. Also, the most important thing is meeting up on time. If people meet on time, they can spend a fun day together.

Shopping with friends
Shopping with friends

Recently, I met up with friends in front of the department store. I didn't know the area too well, so I used my smartphone's map application and arrived at the meeting point 10 minutes early.

Five minutes later, I got an email from my friend saying "The streets are crowded, I may be a little late." It was a holiday, so in front of the department store was crowded, so I sent my friend a message with my location. She ended up coming at the planned time.

We can use a smartphone for not just calling and emails, but for searching places on a map and because it tells you the way, it's very useful for meeting up with friends!

Madeleine

I use it too!iine_small_iconImootochan

Noerin

Wow. Please teach me next time!

Gucchan

I have never used it… Looks convenient!

Master

I don't have a cell phone!!!

Experience Club Meeting
Experience Club Meeting

I am in the art club. Every year, the art club has a few experience events. Recently, there was an oil painting event, so everyone was told to meet at the club room at 10 am.

There are twenty members in the club, and on the day of the event, half of the members showed up 10 minutes early. I always try to arrive at the time we decided. On that day too, I arrived at 10 am. Three members, including myself, arrived at 10. Four members were 10 minutes late, but they didn't give us any messages. Among the other late members, there was a member an hour late, three members that overslept and didn't even come, so the leader of the club looked busy trying to contact everyone.

Because it will cause trouble for others, I always try to come on time. If I will be even 5 minutes late, I think it's important to always send a message.

Imootochan

That's great!

Noerin

Thinking about the people waiting, eh?

Going to Elementary School in groups
Going to Elementary School in groups

When I was in elementary school, from the first grade to the sixth grade, I always walk to school in a group of kids from the neighborhood.

At 8 am, the meeting place would be under the big tree in front of my house. The first and second year students would come early and play while we waited for everyone else. Once all 12 kids were gathered, we left. On the way, we joined with another group and every day, we went to school in a group of over 20 kids.

Talking with the kids from various grades while we walked to school was lively and fun. I was very happy because the first graders were small and cute, so it was like I became a big sister.

Master

I did it, I did it! Over 40 years ago… Even now, the elementary students near me go to school in groups.

Madeleine

I have never traveled to school in a group! If someone is late, or doesn't show up, isn't it difficult?iine_small_iconImootochan

Page Top