日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: My particularities! Japanese things or foreign things?

The basics of daily life are the things I have.
There are many points when I choose.

Imootochan

Until now, actually, I never thought to pick fashion for any special reason. But, if I think about it closely, I think about the design, function, quality, and price…so I realized I was thinking hard about what I picked. I'll introduce a little about how I pick fashion.

Japanese Hand towels
Japanese Hand towels

"Tenugui", or hand towels, are a traditional type of Japanese towel, a cloth made of cotton and is narrow and long. I like Japanese style designs, so I have many kinds of different things, but tenugui are a something special out of everything. I started using handkerchiefs a few years ago.

When I go on a domestic trip, I always buy a design from that area. I've collected about 15 different designs from different areas all around Japan. The one I bought recently is a geisha design from Kanazawa. There are combs and hairpins drawn on it, so it's very cute.

Tenugui are good at absorbing water and when you wash them, they dry quickly, so on a functional level, they're very good as well!

Gomachan

There's a message in the design… It's very fun.

Dansan

If I look carefully, Japanese traditional design is more modern than I thought.

Foreign Brands for Outdoor fashion
Foreign Brands for Outdoor fashion

Recently, by being invited by a friend, I started trekking. For trekking, brands used in America and Europe are definitely the best. The designs are nice, and the functionality is good too.

But, they're a little expensive, it's difficult to buy a lot of things at the same time. At first, I bought a bag, shoes, and a hat only. For the other things, I used things that I had at home. When I went trekking, I saw the fashion of other people, it was fun to think that I really want that kind of fashion too.

Noerin

I like a little flashy foreign design too!

Almond

They're expensive in Japan…

Dansan

Yeah, goods for mountain climbing are more expensive than you think.

For leather bags, this brand is best!
For leather bags, this brand is best!

A certain Japanese bag maker has started to upload to social network services scenes of the craftsmen at work and what kind of feeling goes into the making the bags. When I read those posts, I realize that everyone loves leather and they put their heart into their work. I also love leather, so when I carry a bag made by these craftsmen, I feel happy.

I have a lot of other bags, but I take special care of the bags made by this maker, since I know how the people who made the bags feel.

Noerin

Carefully made leather bags hold up for a long time, so they're nice.

Gucchan

Wow! But, sounds expensive…

Almond

The bag I brought with me today is leather, but I bought it for just 500 yen!

I like Fast Fashion!
I like Fast Fashion!

I have a lot of clothes from "Fast Fashion" brands. I have Japanese brands and foreign brands as well.

The appeal of fast fashion is obviously the cheapness of the price. Also, the designs are new and they are well made. For me, they are definitely good enough. Since they aren't so expensive, I don't really have to watch out when I'm washing them or putting them away. I feel free to buy them and wear them, so for my outfits, I have a lot of clothes from fast fashion brands.

Noerin

It's easy to accidently meet someone in the same outfit as you! lol

Master

I don't really mind, even when they're expensive!

Page Top