日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: Introducing how we, husband and wife, split the chores!

The person who can do chores, does them!

Yoshiko-san, someone who has taken care of me very much,
is in an international marriage with a German man.
She introduced how she divides the husband and wife roles for us.

Yoshiko-san

My husband and I, living off our pension, don't have children. Maybe it's because he's German, but between us, if he thinks "if someone can do chores, they should do them." This hasn’t changed since we got married.

We got married 25 years ago. At that time, we lived in Germany and both worked. I was on a solo-assignment, so on weekends, I came home. So course, we both did the housework. About 10 years ago, I came back to Japan and my husband goes back and forth between Japan and Germany. From this spring, we'll live together permanently in Japan. Even now, we do the housework together.

In the afternoon, we spend our time freely, then eat "yuupan", (not "gohan", but "bread"). I do the washing of clothes and cooking. My husband makes breakfast, cuts the bread, makes the table, and cleans up after. We decided based on whether or not we liked the things.

From before, I haven't done anything for my husband. German men like to be independent and do their own chores, so he's my ideal husband! haha.

Master

It's a natural style.

Madeleine

It's ideal!!iine_small_iconGomachan

After waking up at 8, he waters the plants and then gets breakfast ready. We always eat jam.

Dansan

You can't miss jam in the morning. Having jam is something to look forward to in the mornings. Speaking of, at my house, for breakfast only, everyone makes it and eats it on their own.

I clean the floors every day. While I do that, he gets breakfast ready…

Almond

Cleaning the floors every day… wow! I can't do that!

Imootochan

Doing the chores at the same time is nice. It usually feels like someone is doing something around the house.iine_small_iconGomachan

Master

At my house too, we do the chores at the same time!

For lunch and dinner, I make them both. When he has to do it himself, of course he makes them.

Noerin

A husband that can cook? So nice!iine_small_iconGomachan

Master

I can cook too!!

Cleaning up and doing the dishes are my husband's job. He said "You made it for me, so it's obvious!"

Noerin

At my house too, cleaning up is my husband's job! But, my father doesn’t do anything…

Madeleine

My father doesn't do anything either…

Gomachan

Haha! My father didn’t do anything too!

Gucchan

My father, once he was in the later half of his 50s, started cooking and doing the cleaning up.

Master

At my house, we have a dishwasher to wash our dishes. It's because we both like to drink alcohol.

We spent July 17th, 2013 like this!

※Click to view larger size

No-10_B-2_topic1_kadowaki_s

Page Top