日本のことばと文化 初級1 A2 MARUGOTO Plus

How to add readings to the kanji

POST! -MY CASE- Lab Ver.

Theme: I, too, am enjoying foreign culture in Japan♪

Even at my own house, foreign food culture!

Master

When you're living overseas or traveling, there are many things to look forward to. And, no matter what country to go to, "Eating" is a simple experience you can have at any time, don't you think?

I've been to many different countries until now. Also, I've lived for 15 years total in 3 different countries. There, with the local people, I was able to eat the local foods together and try many different tastes. When I'm abroad I really feel like I am living in a foreign country, I feel like I am living in a place with people from a different background, and I enjoy that foreign country's culture.

Now, I live in Japan. Even in Japan, I still enjoy the food culture of the countries I visited.

When I was in Sao Paolo, my wife learned Brazilian cooking. Sometimes, we enjoy it. This is "mukekka". It's a fish or shellfish dish made with coconut milk.

Noerin

I thought making foreign foods in Japan was difficult, but maybe not so much?iine_small_iconMadeleine

In my garden, I raise "kuushinsai" (phakboon.) I also have coriander, and small peppers. These are essential for making Thai food!

Noerin

Are they simple and easy for anyone to make? I want to try, maybe…

Master

They're a little difficult.

Gucchan

I've heard of people who like to make foreign dishes, but you're the first I've heard of that grows vegetables!

Dansan

It seems that phakboon can be cultivated even in places with a salty ground, so in places that were hit with a tsunami, it's expected that this will help with desalination.iine_small_iconImootochan

Today's dinner is Thai. I used the phakboon that I grew in my garden. This is "Fried phakboon". It's really delicious when you use vegetables you grew yourself.

Almond

Looks delicious!iine_small_iconNoerin Gucchan

Madeleine

The miso is a Japanese one?

Master

It's from Thailand.

I also like "samutan" papaya salad from the north part of Thailand. It's hard to find fresh papaya in Japan, so I use carrots.

Imootochan

I also like samutan! I don't have any papaya, so I gave up, but, you can make it with carrots?! I'll try that next time!

Gucchan

I see!!! Is the flavor the same?

Master

They're similar. The texture too.

Page Top